Atomic. Missile. Space. Birthplace of American Ages.
The house was built in 1913 by Franz Schmidt, a German immigrant. An addition on the north side was built in the 1930s by the Mcdonald family, the last owners before the federal government leased the land in 1942 and purchased it in 1983. The 1,750 square foot home is built of adobe plastered with stucco.