The White Sands Missile Range Historical Foundation is established at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, as a private organization under Army Regulation (AR) 210-1, Private Organizations on Department of the Army Installations, and AR 870-20, Army Museums, Historical Artifacts, and Art, for the purpose of providing support to the White Sands Missile Range Museum to collect, house, catalogue, preserve, display, and maintain the history of White Sands Missile Range. The Foundation is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, under Title 26, US Code, Section 501(c)(3), Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
Our Strategic Plan
MISSION: Provide financial and technical support to the White Sands Missile Range Museum, Archives, and Learning Center and their preservation, educational and outreach activities.
VISION: Promote the inspirational story of the White Sands Missile Range and its crucial role in America’s missile, space, and atomic activity for current and future generations.
OBJECTIVES: To succeed in our mission and make our vision a reality, we will partner with the Museum and the Army’s Center for Military History to support:
– Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) initiatives
– Student rocket/science day camps
– Technology improvements for the Archives
– Recruitment of volunteer archivists and docents
– Development and publication of media
– Leveraging social media and on-line presence to drive interest and visitors
– Leveraging opportunities for greater local and regional outreach and contacts
– Guided tours to historic sites, on-site and virtual staff rides
– Maintaining contact with Chambers of Commerce
– Maintain contact with Congressional delegations
– Fundraising during historically significant events
– Exploring partnerships with defense contractors and other organizations to raise funds or complete restoration work on macro exhibits
Our objectives will continually evolve as the Museum, Archives, and Learning Center grow their ability to communicate, educate and preserve the history of the White Sands Missile Range and its impact on the world.
Board of Directors
The White Sands Missile Range Historical Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors. Members of the Board in 2020 are:
Frances Williams – President
Vacant – Vice President
Gerry Veara – Secretary
Jon Gibson – Treasurer
Dolores Archuleta – Board Member
Jim Eckles – Board Member
Bill Godby – Board Member
George Helfrich – Board Member
Deb Postier – Board Member
Sharon Reese – Board Member
Mary Beth Reinhart – Board Member
David Soules – Board Member